[pct-l] Red's Meadow-South

Regarding transportation from Independence to Mammouth Lakes. Crest Bus Lines runs the length of the Eastern Sierra from Reno to Ridgecrest. It stops at the MacDonalds in Mammoth Lakes and from there you take a city bus to the resort area. From Mammoth Lakes resort you can take a bus to Reds. In fact, I would suggest that you park your car in Mammoth Lakes and use public transportation to get to Reds. I believe the road from Mineret summit to Reds is closed to most cars,

Dave

batdorff@coosnet.com wrote:
I'm planning a hike from Red's Meadow south to Kearsarge Pass in
mid-August and have the following questions: (1) Can a person park a
vehicle at Red's Meadow; is it safe; does it require a permit? (2) Is a
permit required to park a vehicle at Onion Valley trail head? (3) Is
there public transportation available from Independence, CA North to
Mammoth Lakes?