[pct-l] Red's Meadow-South

1. Yes, but, but....But you can't drive into reds meadow till after 6:30PM or after 6:30AM.
But there is a use fee, and I think its @21 per car. FYI.

2.no, not that I am aware of. did your hike backwards last year, open parking...

3.  Got me.

-Mountain Goat-

batdorff@coosnet.com wrote:
I'm planning a hike from Red's Meadow south to Kearsarge Pass in
mid-August and have the following questions: (1) Can a person park a
vehicle at Red's Meadow; is it safe; does it require a permit? (2) Is a
permit required to park a vehicle at Onion Valley trail head? (3) Is
there public transportation available from Independence, CA North to
Mammoth Lakes?