[pct-l] Red's Meadow-South

Taking the shuttle into Red's makes alot of sense.  As a matter of
fact, if you can leave you car at the Onion Valley Trailhead, then
hitch a ride back to mammoth, this would be the preferred way to go.

When you arrive at onion valley after your hike, there will probably be
someone there to give you a ride into town, but it will be easier and
you won't have to wait if your car is there.

Hitch-hiking up and down 395 is super-easy.  I've done it a bunch: Lone
Pine to Yosemite, Yosemite to Mammoth, Bishop to Yosemite, Bishop to
Mammoth.  There are alot of hikers/climbers driving up and down that
road and if you look like a hiker, you will get picked up.

peace,
dude