[pct-l] Whitney Portal to Horseshoe Meadows

Hi,
I am solo hiking from the Horseshoe Meadows Trailhead, over Cottonwood Pass to Crabtree, up Whitney and will exit at Whitney Portal. I am leaving my car at the Horseshoe trailhead and have not yet figured out the best way to get from Whitney Portal back to Horseshoe.  Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Leo.From themtgoat at yahoo.com  Wed Jul 21 22:53:32 2004
From: themtgoat at yahoo.com (The Mountain Goat)
Date: Thu Jul 22 00:02:43 2004
Subject: [pct-l] Ok, who opened the perverbial can of bear can worms?

Since one of my friends lost their food, I am more in favor of bear cans than I was, The idea here is that the forrest service is trying to make it a safer experience for all of us. The rules are for our benifit, not because they want to Lord over you rules to take away your fun. With that said....

Disclaimer.
Can't we goat carrying, Peper spay weilding, bear can packing, Bear hunter gun carrying, ulta light weight PCT through hiker nature lovers..... just all get along long enough for me to through hike the pct in 2005?

dude <dude@fastmail.ca> wrote:hahahaha!! awesome post!

about carrying guns and weight... If other carried guns and made the
bears scared of humans, then thru-hikers and ultra-lighters would not
have to carry guns or cans.

peace,
dude