[pct-l] Scary bear story & not hanging food

WAG accepted, but I'll bet the figures have been changing in the last
two years.  As a short trip plodder through the eastern Sierra, I always
manage to bump into a ranger, usually coming and going.  I would wager
that the hikers coming out of the west side trailheads are scrutinized
as well.  Afterall, if the jelly-doughnut eating rangers never stray far
from their kiosks, they're going to be concentrating on citing the more
accessible vacation backpackers for Failure To Carry.  It would be
interesting to learn how many of the short trip hikers can get away
without the dang can.

Eckert