[pct-l] United Flight

Given the timeframe, I suggest that Monty exit his hike at the Soda
Springs / Donner Pass area, then catch a bus to either Reno or
Sacramento. There are a number running each way every day, especially
from Truckee. See both the Greyhound and Amtrak bus schedules.

The section of trail from Tuolumne to Sonora Pass is IMO one of the
hardest sections on the PCT, so more that 25 mile days wouldn't be fun.
By stopping at Donner Pass, Monty can average 25 miles days and still
take a zero day along the way. Then when he was ready to resume the PCT
north at a later date, Donner Pass is an excellent place to get back on.

Ron

> Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2004 06:16:36 -0700
> From: "Monty Tam" <metam01@earthlink.net>
> Subject: [pct-l] United Flight
> Hi, My boyfriend Monty is hiking the Pct.  I am at home making
> arrangements and
> drop boxes etc.  Does anyone know if it is feasible to walk (make it)
from