[pct-l] United Flight

according to www.pctplanner.com its 346.4 miles from Tuolumne to
Belden, which means that he would have to hike 36.6 miles per day to do
that distance in 10 days.  This is not what I would call "feasible",
but certainly is possible.  In addition to this being a quite long
daily distance, this section of the PCT is arguably one of the most
difficult and rugged, which makes the task that much more difficult.
Still, not impossible, but it will be very difficult.

However, if he called today and will be in Tuolumne in two days, that
puts him in Tuolumne on the 5th.  Ten days from then is the 15th, which
gives you 3 more days and makes the daily distance 26.6, which is MUCH
more feasible.  I'd say that if he told you he'll be there in time for
a flight on the 18th, he's probably correct.  He's been hiking for over
a month and over 1500 miles by now, so he's sure to know his
limitations.

even so, there is a phone at the ranger station at Carson Pass, another
one at Echo Lakes Resort, and another at Pooh's corner, so he should
have pleny of places from which to call, so he can tell you on his
progress.

sorry I cant be of more help.

peace,
dude