[pct-l] Re pct-1 -Boots for Grand Canyon

what exactly will you be doing? (ie: hiking to the bottom and back up
in a single day, hiking to the bottom and setting up a camp then day
hiking a few days, heading out into the back country for several days)

the reason that I ask is because if you are on the EXTREMELY well
maintained trails that are heavily used, then you could easily get away
with trail runners or even regular running shoes.  OTOH, if you will be
heading out into the back country where very few people go, the desert
offers some very aggressive plants with thorns and prickly stuff, in
which case thicker shoes like leather boots would be advantageous.

If you will just be going down the Bright Angel Trail to the bottom,
you could practically wear whatever you want.  I wore cowboy boots all
the way to the bottom and back up, and had no trouble at all.

peace,
dude