[pct-l] VVR

  First of all, I think the stories about the road to
VVR are a bit exaggerated. I notice that many people
don't seem to know how to drive in the mountains. I
suppose city folks expect freeways everywhere.
  The blind corners and narrowness require slow,
careful driving. Dawn & dusk are good because you can
see oncoming cars' headlights.

Since VVR has to haul everything up this road, one
would expect to pay somewhat more for goods and
services. I'm sure that the owners of VVR are not
raking in huge profits. I'm grateful that VVR remains
a viable resupply station. Otherwise, to re-supply, we
would all have to hike out of the way and off the
trail.

Many people rarely complain of high prices in tourist
restaurants, or parking fees in a big city. I don't
understand the reluctance to pay for what I consider a
luxury.