[pct-l] Old PCT marker on Ebay!

Rubberchuckie,

Please don't you and anyone else go out and remove these classic relics of
history from the PCT regardless of the price on ebay.  You can buy one for a lot
less from Ron Moak who has a few that he has been selling at gatherings
lately.

Yes, I do still plan to make replicas of these for sale thru the PCTA
webstore for the benefit of the PCTA and as an attempt to stop the pilfering of those
few that still exist out there.  Many hikers have seen them deeply buried
into the bark of old trees and, instead of taking them, have just taken classic
pictures.

I have the quotes for making the dies, and the design exactly recreated in a
digital format.  All I need is a bit of capital to get it all started for the
first batch of 500 to 1000.  Any wealthy benefactors out there willing to help
me get this started?

The PCTA may be selling these for around $20 or so.  Considerably less than
the $200 that a few have gone for on ebay recently.

And don't display these on your livingroom wall if you happen to be one of
those fortunate few who own one.  There is a rumour that Mad Monte is snooping
around to snatch these off of your wall to sell them on ebay in order to put
food on the table for his young ones! ;-)

Greg "Strider" Hummel

In a message dated 5/28/2004 4:40:37 PM Pacific Standard Time,