[pct-l] Kennedy Meadows Celebration.

Just a short note of interest.  Yesterday I talked to my son, Hoosier
Owl, who was at the Kennedy Meadows General Store.  He left the kick off
party last month, and arrived at KM on May 24.  There are about seven
other hikers there and yesterday was a zero day for them which seemed to
include a little indulgence in spirits and lounging around.  They were
going to head off today, with their ice axes in tow, toward Mt. Whitney.
Wish I had gotten the names of the other hikers, but did not.   Hoosier
Owl had many, many rattlesnake encounters, but I guess you folks in the
southwest are used to that. He also indicated he encountered no major
problems with drinking water,  Anyway, he estimated 10 days to
Vermillion, so I may send an update at that time.

Linda