[pct-l] Right pack for a thru-hike.

Well, I've never really used an e-mail list before, so I hope I'm doing this right.  Anyway, I want to thank lonetrail, dude, Gray, Eckert, and AsABat for responding.  You all have given me much to think about, and some directions to pursue.  A few of you suggested checking out the BackpackLight group, so that's next on my agenda.  I've started to read the posted journals, but I can't find the posted gear lists that someone suggested reading (or did I misunderstand what was meant by that?  At a different website from the PCTA perhaps?).

To prepare for this trip, I'm doing a lot of hiking and a lot of reading.  Are there any other things that I should be doing now to prepare for a 2005 trip?

Thank again everyone!

Shane