[pct-l] Bear Vault Canister PCT Rental Program

Thank you to everyone who had advise re: the airlines & our backpacks.  I
think the plan is to carry our packs as carry-on's and put anything not
valuable or dangerous in a box to check through.

Here's another one for you all...

I'm committed to film for my JMT trip this summer & don't try to talk me
into digital!  I have a 3 mp camera but photography is a big part of my trip
& I'm looking for the best solution for shooting slide film.

I'm considering a Nikon n55 w/ 28-80mm lense as it seems the lightest option
with some manual control and the ability to use a polarizing filter which I
feel will be important on this trip.

My other available options are a Rollei 35 rangefinder, Olympus stylus epic
35-80, or Nikon F3 manual camera...HEAVY!  I love the Rollei 35 but filters
are not really an option on either this or the Olympus.

Any other recommendations or advise?  A purchase of another camera is an
option but would probably entail selling one of the fleet!

Thanks,

David
david@dalbey.org