[pct-l] John Muir Trail start dates

My brother and I are preparing to do the John Muir trail (from
Tuolomne Meadows to Whitney Portal) again this summer for the second
time.  The first time we did it, we didn't start unti the last week of
June, in order to avoid lots of snow and the need for ice picks &
additional gear.  This time around, we have a few more schedule
constraints and it would be ideal to start the trail June 12 and
finish June 27.  Given this year's predicted snowfall, does anyone
know if  this is reasonable timing, and if so, what special gear would
we need?  The other option (less preferable) is to start June 19 and
finish July 4.  We were hoping that someone would know what to expect
in snowfall this year, and trail conditions during those time periods.

Also, does anyone know if there is a way to mail a food cache to Devil's
Postpile trailhead (through a service liek that offered at Muir Trail
Ranch)?

Thanks for your help,
Emily