[pct-l] Ysidro Creek Dry????

On AsABat's water page, a "Rik" has reported that Ysidro Creek is "dry" as of 4/28...

This is very hard to believe...
I was there on the 17th and 18th, and the creek was flowing with more volume than Canada Verde.
And assuming that both creeks are draining the same watershed area, I would imagine that they both should be flowing as well and as long as each other.

"Rik", are you sure you were looking at Ysidro Creek? There's a couple other stream indications on the USGS topo (Ranchita Quad) a mile or so south of Ysidro. The trail crosses this little vale and is usually a dry creek bed where it crosses. Come to think of it, there are a few other creek beds that the trail crosses that are dry.

But you can't miss Ysidro and Canada Verde...you're walking through an oak forest following these creeks. The dry creek beds are where they cross the trail in the pastures.

Anyone else go through the last 8 miles of section A recently? I would bet money that Ysidro is flowing fine. I imagine both Ysidro and Canada Verde flow year round!

M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m