[pct-l] Objects on planes

>>Aouch!  No lighters??  Humm...I guess I'll buy
>>everything in san diego!!   thanks!

Actually you CAN take lighters as carry-on.
The following doc is from a TSA  government site,
"straight from the horses" mouth :
http://tinyurl.com/2u4ok

Looks to be fuel of any type is a "no,no". Also, many
airlines are stricter than govt regs and will not
allow stoves on. (Esbit and alcohol stoves seem to be
no problem).

You may want to mail ahead the esbit tabs and pick
them up in San Diego. Make resevations at a hotel (or
hostel) and when you make the reservations see if you
can mail a package there ahead of time. Of course, you
could do general delivery to the San Diego PO.

=====
--Thoreau
http://www.magnanti.com