[pct-l] Contact lenses

Hi all,  I'm new to the list, so my apologies if this topic has already been
covered.  I'm wondering....Do any of you vision impaired thru or
long-distance hikers wear contact lenses during your journeys?  I wear my
lenses on all my backpack trips here in the Santa Barbara backcountry, but
I'm usually not out there more than 9 or 10 days, so the extra weight of the
lens solution and spare lenses doesn't bother me.  Even though I always pack
my glasses (just in case!), I dislike wearing them because my strong
prescription requires heavy, bulky lenses.  Plus, I usually like to wear
lightweight sunglasses while hiking.

Thanks for your advise.....and this great list!

Mike