From: "Miranda Levin" <spenluc@earthlink.net>
To: <pct-l@mailman.backcountry.net>
Sent: Thursday, April 15, 2004 6:37 PM
Subject: [pct-l] Mt. Whitney

I am starting the trail on May 18th, and my cousin wants to join me for the
JMT.  As I am sure the Whitney permits are already all taken, would it work
for him to get the thru-hiking permit?  Once he left the trailhead it would
be hard to tell the difference between him and a thru-hiker coming back from
a resupply.  Or maybe this is totally unethical.  Anyway, I just wonder
about the practical aspects of it (whether there is a ranger who will see
him leaving his car).  Thanks.

Brian