[pct-l] Illegal Contacts

After working in Law Enforcement for the past 16 years and knowing several people who work the Border Patrol in the Campo area, I can say this is not HIGHLY unusual.  I was informed that about 10 groups of hikers and several motorists a year are robbed in this area every year.  I hate to do it, but I might be carrying my small off-duty revolver when I thru hike the trail in 2005.  I think I might carry it till I get to my house at mile 125.  I won't charge for security of anyone who wants to start with me also...  Mountain Goat has already signed up.
      Just curious.....   What do you folks think of this idea.  Have I labeled myself to much of a redneck?
                                  Eric Yakel