[pct-l] Illegal Contacts

Eric Yakel <eyakel@earthlink.net> wrote:
motorists a year are robbed in this area every year. I hate to do it, but I might be carrying my small off-duty revolver when I thru hike the trail in 2005. I think I might carry it till I get to my house at mile 125. IJust curious..... What do you folks think of this idea. Have I labeled myself to much of a redneck?
no i think youve labeled yourself clueless. lets take this logically,your backpacking,where are you going to carry your gun?side holster?probally in the way of your waist strap. shoulder holster?nope in the way of your shoulder straps.even if you can find a place to carry your gun do you really think you can pull it out fast enough to help you,while wearing a pack? even around camp what are you going to do?walk around armed at all times and hope you don`t get supprised? im not even going to get into the psycological logistics of being prepared to kill.

bottom line;illegal aliens are the most overblown threat on the trail,you have a much greater chance of trouble from the americans youll meet along the way.