[pct-l] Thoughts on Journal writing

>>Over the last few days I've been reading journals.
>>It's rather insightful
>>the perspective others have on shared events.

SNIP (one entry written rather poetically)

SNIP (one guy cursing the mossies)

>>Hey, a little creative embellishment is great. But
can >>you imagine John Muir  doing a technical manual?

In my opinion, both entries are correct and factual.

Having written both types of entries myself it is
possible to curse colorfully (I like religious terms
myself. Nine yeats of Catholic school was good for
something!). But when dinner is eatem, the breeze
comes through the trees, and the stars do shine, it is
possible to write poetically. Why is one not factual
and the other one is? How can feelings not be factual?

For what is worth, my on-line journal is located at
http://friends.backcountry.net/pmags/

Has some waxing of the poetic AND Cursing of the
mossies. :-)

=====
--Thoreau