[pct-l] O.T. Digital Cameras and Thru-Hikes

In a message dated 4/1/2004 5:24:47 AM Pacific Standard Time,
dude@fastmail.ca writes:........................................................

> [...]

I also use a Camedia.  It has a 10x optical zoom.  Digital zoom is a mostly
useless  feature, since you can do the same on your computer.  It uses AA type
batteries (4) or two CRV3 Lithium batteries.  Two of the CRVs lasted me from
Cottonwood Pass to Tuolumne Meadows (412 pictures), and included editing.  The
one feature people fail to take into account, I think, is the battery.  So
many cameras use proprietary batteries.  The Camedia can run on AAs, which are
available everywhere.  It is a little bigger than some. Ah well, it's not the
4x5 view camera I once lugged through the mountains.

"No Way"
Ray Echols