[pct-l] Mojave water report

 This is a water reportI just recieved from a couple of Southbound hikers...
    We did the stretch in Sect. E from Oak Creek, southbound to Hwy. 138/Hikerstown a week or so ago...The water was OFF at the Cottonwood Creek bridge, 16.4 miles north of Hikertown; the LA DWP has cemented over the horse trough at that location, (which was in place and had water when I checked it out in Jan.), and installed a new water faucet/spigot, which was OFF when we passed thru...Maybe the Aqueduct is undergoing maintenance/repairs (?)...There was a small creek flowing in Tylerhorse Cyn from the recent rains/snow, but we haven't had any rain since Feb, so I don't think it will be running by the time you visit...I carried 3 gal. of water, which it turns out we needed, due to the lack of water available at Cottonwood. We were able to do the 39.1 miles between Oak Creek (Tehachapi-Willow Springs Rd.) and Hwy. 138 in 2 days.