Fwd: Re: [pct-l] helicoptering

Before you think only an idiot would do this..........About 15 years
ago the person who wrote the newsletter for one of the LA Sierra Club
peakbagging sections and three of his friends decided to rent a
helicopter to bag several of the harder peaks on the list.  He was
very proud of his "achievement" and wrote it up.  He was told by the
chair of his section that it was grossly illegal right before he sent
them out.  He tore them all up, he thought! He missed one.  I have a
copy in my files....... In his trip report he calculated the amount
of gas needed to drive to the different trailheads, and proclaimed
his helo ride as "more efficient."

You're right.  Only an idiot would do this.

Capt Bivy