[pct-l] Hiking the trail with your dog

At 10:23 AM 3/12/04, yogi yogi wrote:
>I have never seen a dog on the PCT who even slightly appeared to enjoy
>hiking with a dog pack.  Sometimes at breaks, the PCT dogs bark and wag
>their tails.

I met a very happy Golden Retriever around Sierra City that had hiked from
Mexico.The dog was hiking with a pack, and was obviously having fun (more
fun than some of the humans in that group....)

And yes, the dog got excited when his hiking partner put on his pack in the
morning, just like my dog does when I get out the leash.