[pct-l] Hiking the trail with your dog

To me it seems clear that some dogs (even pets if well conditioned with
their human companions) are right for the PCT and others aren't. Of
course I don't believe dogs are allowed on trails in National Parks.
What concerns me is when they go running after critters. I know that a
number of coastal birds are endangered because of dogs that run free on
beaches and go after the birds. That's where leashes come in. I would
imagine that dogs would have similar effects on other species if not
properly controlled.

That's my 2 cents.

Mark

-----
Get Above It All at
http://www.AboveCalifornia.com
Got Mac OS X? Get the AboveCalifornia Sherlock Channel:
sherlock://www.AboveCalifornia.com/sherlock/SherlockChannel.xml?
action=add