[pct-l] Unleaded Gas in Whisperlite Stove

        I have an MSR Whisperlite stove (the Shaker model) which I intend
to bring on my 2004 PCT thru-hike. My understanding is that at many of
the resupply points along the trail, one will only find automobile
gasoline available for fuel. I have never used anything but white gas in
my stove before, although the manufacturer says unleaded gas may also be
used. My question is maybe a silly one. Does it matter what grade
(octane) one chooses at the pump, and how do I actually go about filling
one those little orange MSR bottles without covering myself and half the
town with gasoline? I'll bet most gas stations aren't real excited about
selling forty seven cents worth of gas to some guy trying to dispense it
into a tiny container. What experiences have people in the past had with
this problem? I tried to contact MSR about this, but the email address
they listed at their web site was invalid. thanks.