[pct-l] 12 pounder challenge - food per day

My food works out to a pound per person per day for up to a 2 week trip and I
haven't noticed any loss of energy. That's about 1600 calories per day, and
for a longer trip I would have to make up that calorie deficit. Food is freeze
dried dinners, jerky, dried fruit, oatmeal, etc. I use a bear container so
restricts my food volume. Don't think I could load many more calories per day
into it.  When I did the John Muir, I used same diet, but did have a resupply at
Red's Meadow and Vermillion Resort, so got a calorie load there.

Ralph Alcorn
www.backpack45.com
Shepherd Canyon Books
Publisher of We're in the Mountains, Not Over the Hill:
     Tales and Tips From Seasoned Women Backpackers