[pct-l] 12 pounder challenge

Dave, you aren't that far from 12 pounds. The biggest savings are in the big
three: pack, tent, and sleeping bag. Your sleeping bag weight is fine. For a
tent, there are a number of options, including tents from Ron Moak and Henry
Shires that will cut your shelter weight a pound. I don't know why you need
a bivy and a tent, so there's another pound. Your pack itself weighs four
pounds. A GVP G4 is only one pound, and many others just two. You just saved
four pounds - new base weight 15.75 lbs.

I'll let others critic the rest. If you're serious, the gang at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/BackpackingLight/ can help.

AsABat