[pct-l] 12 pounder challenge

My base weight is also around 20 lbs. and I carry similar gear.  One
thing you might consider is leaving behind the tent body but taking the
fly.  That way you'd have the camping options you desire and still have
excellent rain protection.  I'm assuming your bivy sack works as a
ground sheet and has bug protection.  One item I like to carry in the
Cascades is a combination rain poncho and pack cover made of sil nylon.
  Mine weighs only 4 ozs. and allows me to save my parka for breaks and
use around camp.  I can dry out my clothing at the end of the day by
wearing everything inside my fairly dry parka as I eat.
One question - I've always carried between 28 and 32 oz. of food per
day depending on the time of year and trail conditions but I noticed
that you only pack 24 oz. per day.  Are you able to hike comfortably on
that supply?  I'd like to be able to drop some weight in that
department for those 5+ days resupplies but I'm always apprehensive
about running out.
Do It Yourself