[pct-l] Request for PCT factoids . . .

The "How much altitude gain" question gets me thinking - you could get a
lower bound on the climbing/descending by adding up the gain/loss
between points in the databook. I'll say that this is not the most
accurate method because of the ups and downs between points, but it will
be in the ballpark.

It would be a piece of cake if somebody has bothered to take the
databook and enter it in a spreadsheet. I'd imagine that the raw data of
the databook is already a spreadsheet. Before I go out and do this
myself, has anybody done it already?

For any computer heads out there, the real deal would be to get the
databook as an XML document (MS-word would do) and write an xslt script
to convert it to csv.

Kent.