[pct-l] 12 pounder challenge

This is my basic pack for just about anything except climbing Rainier. It
takes into account several potential soggy days in a row while hiking in the
Olympics. It is also meant for a nine day alpine climbing trip in a non desert
environment with temps down to the mid twenties. Note the absence of a bear can,
water filter, and hiking poles. Note the addition of a bivvy sack for camping
options, ice ax for snow climbing and items for more than just rehydrated
meals. I shoot for 35 pounds total weight for a 9 day trip. I rather doubt that I
will ever get my base down to 12 pounds for a nine day alpine climbing trip
unless I am willing to just crawl into my 40 degree sleeping bag (fully clothed)
after 16 hours of hiking and a rip and stir "meal". Even going tentless would
only lower the base by about a pound and a half. If I went alcoholic, my fuel
for a nine day trip would start at around 1.5 pounds
  So tell me 12 pounders, what would YOU toss on a 9 day alpine trip, and
why. I'd like to see your lists for a 9 day alpine trip for comparison.  I can
see 12 pounds for a 4-5 day Grand Canyon trip ( I'm shooting for 15 pounds) or
the Mojave PCT hike, but the rainy Cascades are another fish to fry

PACK        67 (with 4 removable pockets)
SLEEPING BAG        28

PAD 11
TENT    48 (with stakes)

BIVY SACK       17

2 COMPACTOR TRASH BAGS 3    (pack fly and clothing/sleeping bag bags)
KNIT HAT        2
POLARTEC 100 SHIRT      8
POLARTEC 200 JACKET     13
PARKA       12
POLARTEC 100 PANTS      8
EXTRA SOCKS     5
EXTRA LINER SOCKS       2
GLOVES      3

2 WASH RAGS, 1 TOWEL    2   (one for dishes)
SIERRA  ZIP WOOD STOVE      17

2 POTS AND LID      (including grip handle) 9

FORK, SPOON, 2 CUPS     4
WATER CONTAINERS        5   ( I like dromedary bags)

CAN OPENER  1/4 oz
TOILET PAPER    6 oz (enough for a 9 day trip)
TOILETRIES  4 ( comb, toothpaste & brush, floss, soap)
FIRST AID   6 (various and sundry pills, bandaids, compress, whistle, elastic
bandage, chap stick)

INSECT REPELLENT    2 (very little needed if you wear pants and a long
sleeved shirt.)
KNIFE TOOL  3

2 CIGARETTE LIGHTERS        1

MAP AND COMPASS     2  (use back of map for diary)
REPAIR KIT  2 (tape, needle, thread)
STRING      3 (hang laundry and food)

2 Mini LED lights    1

4 EXTRA AA BATTERIES (for stove and camera)     3
ALTIMETER WATCH      wear - do not count
PENCIL      1/4 oz
SUNCREAM        2   (for snow  travel only. A tan, pants and a long sleeved
shirt otherwise)
SUNGLASSES      1  (only used for snow travel)
DIGITAL CAMERA 5
ICE AX      13 (long, not short)
TOTAL           318.5= 19lbs 14.5 0zs
  I double checked the weight by putting together the entire pack and it
actually weighed slightly less at 19 lbs 12 oz.
   David C