[pct-l] ADZPCTKO, to go or not to go?

I'm debating whether or not to go to the kick-off this year and start my
thru-hike from there. But, I'm curious as to what the rest of the 2004 class
is planning on doing as far as an itinerary and Kennedy meadows arrival day?

The problem I have in deciding, (as I'm sure many do) is that I'm planning
on a 4-1/2 month thru-hike, and if I attend the kick-off on the 23-24 April
and then head north with the group on the 25th, then I will arrive at
Kennedy Meadows on June 1st, (which is too early to enter the Sierra most
years). Even if I slow my pace to the 5 month itinerary until I reach K.M.,
and take 6 zero days before reaching K.M., I still arrive on the 6th of
June!

So, I'd like to hear what the rest of you plan on doing to solve this
problem, and what day are you arriving/leaving K.M.? With the current snow
levels, it's looking to be a slightly above average year for snow
accumulation. Of course that can change...

I'd really like to attend the Kick-off and begin my journey there, but the
logistics are making it difficult to decide.

BTW: My itinerary info is taken directly out of the PCT hiker's
handbook,(Ray Jardine) and my target day for leaving K.M. is June 15th.

Any suggestions?

Brian Bowlsby
PCT'04