[pct-l] Hiking In So Cal

So far the weather in the San Gabriel, San Bernardino & San Jacinto mountains has been very nice the past few days.
The forecast out till Thursday is clear and windy. ( `course, those are "forecasts"....I'd love to have a weatherman's job. Never have to be right...)
I was up at 8k last Saturday, Skiing in Wrightwood. It was "severe clear" as the pilots say. The wind kicked up to a steady 20mph in the afternoon over the lee side of the ridge.
50 miles in a weekend? Sounds ambitious. And within a couple hours of East LA?
South of the basins above Idyllwild would be nice, but you'd have to do a lot of criss-crossing and back-tracking to get 30-50 miles in and stay under 8k.
If you're uncomfortable about going into anything above snow level, don't go. Stay low. If not JT, then Anza Borrego?
M i c h a e l   S a e n z
McLarand Vasquez Emsiek & Partners, Inc.
A r c h i t e c t u r e    P l a n n i n g    I n t e r i o r s
w  w  w  .  m  v  e  -  a  r  c  h  i  t  e  c  t  s  .  c  o  m