[pct-l] RE: pct-l Digest, Vol 10, Issue 3

Thanks to James for the info on the New Balance 806 sale at Sportmart.
Bought a pair at the Roseville CA store(near Sacramento) for $49.99 plus
Arnold's cut.  They had only D width as Jeff mentioned, but my feet are D
width so it worked for me.  Compared to my older 804s this shoe has a strip
of synthetic leather running around the sole where the 804s had fabric.
Therefore they are probably more water resistant but hotter in the summer.
Also the toe box is stiffer and there is a reinforcing yellow plastic piece
on the heel that wasn't on the 804. I used them for a day hike of 8 miles
yesterday and they seem fine, no problems of any kind, and I would have to
say I like them a little better than the 804s.  Shoes are a personal choice,
but the 800 series has worked for me in the past.  The sale is running until
Feb 11th.

John Coyle