[pct-l] Re: Way point tents

I have had great advice form this listserve and after seeing the reference
to the Waypoint tent (below), I felt compelled to put in my 2 cents! My
husband and I are section hikers and tried the Waypoint 2 for a section in
Oregon last summer. After the first night we had to leave the flaps open
every night. It was a 2 person tent, but there was not enough ventilation.
This design flaw was immediately obvious when we set the tent up. To add
insult to injury, there's no netting so by leaving the flaps open, you may
as well sleep under the stars. The final straw came when my husband awoke in
the middle of the night with a frog on his head!!!

> Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2004 13:29:38 EST
> From: CMountainDave@aol.com
> There was a write up in adventure magazine recommending Mountain
Hardware's
> Waypoint tent that comes in at two pounds. 20 sq. ft of space and is
single
> walled. Have no experience with it. Lists at $195
WWW.mountainhardware.com