[pct-l] sun protection

I like white shirts because they tend to be cooler.  For example, a black
shirt would be hotter than hell so I figured a white shirt is just the
opposite.  I never thought about the reflection back to the face though. I
haven't had any problems with it in the past and I've almost always worn
white shirts.  I don't mind the dirt. My sun hat has black on the
underside so that will eleminate glare.

I guess if I have a light color shirt it will generally have the same
effect as a white shirt but maybe not with as much glare.

So does anyone know about sun protection of base layer shirts?  My guess
is that they'll work just fine and its not necessary to get a Supplex
nylon shirt or a shirt with built in SPF but let me know if you think
otherwise. I'd hate to figure that out the hard way after three weeks in
the desert.

thanks,
steve