[pct-l] sun protection

I noticed that both of the shirts that you are considering are white.  You
can get a lot of reflection up into your face and eyes with a white shirt,
which are less protected.  If you need a hat for sun protection, I would
not wear a white shirt.  This is especially true in the Sierras and on
snow.  May not be so important for a few days or hours, but it will be for
the longer run.  With my skin, and if you want to save sun damage to the
skin, don't wear a white shirt and look for a hat that does not have a
white underside, saves on glare.

Besides, a light blue,etc looks a lot cleaner than white, when you get the
trail grim going.

On snow, be sure to put sun screen under your chin, nose, lip, ears and
eyebrows.

Goforth