[pct-l] sun protection

The MEC Prospector is very breathable and provides excellent sun
protection.  I wore this shirt from Campo to South Lake Tahoe
before
changing to a T-shirt.  The prospector, in size large, weighs 8.2 oz and
will run you 49 Canadian dollars.  A couple of years ago, this meant
32 cents American. But, the dollar is weaker now and you're looking at
$35 USD.  See www.mec.ca

Suge

On Mon, 26 Jan 2004, Steve Setzer wrote:

> The alternative is to wear a white, button-down safari type of shirt like
> the ones made by Ex Officio or MEC.  They have built in sun protection
> (30+ SPF) but I don't think they would breathe as well as the poly-pro
> top so they may be too hot.
>
> Any opinions?
>
> Steve

Christopher Willett