[pct-l] Whitney Scoop

In a message dated 1/21/04 9:01:09 PM, mardav@charter.net writes:

<<  I figure it is only a matter of time before we
have to carry a bear can and a poop can.  Each day one gets more empty and the
other fills up.  Makes sense, doesn't it?  (I am sure it would make perfect
sense
to a bureaucrat.  Don't tell them.) >>

Aw they already know. That's their job. They spend their entire lives coming
up with new and better regulations. It keeps them from just twiddling their
thumbs. I'm in the building trades and I've watched OSHA and the local building
code people in action. Every year it's something new and improved, a complete
review of whatever regulations are already in place mandatory. After all, what
else is there to do?

  Someday soon there will be one costly rescue too many and you will be
required to carry a useless cell phone (that's beside the point), health insurance,
have a recent verifiable health check up and rescue insurance. The rescue
insurance people will want a no - change detailed itinerary, a GPS, first aid
training, a detailed rescue plan, deductible $500 deposit, a rescue party on
retainer, a ten essentials check, and a detailed resume proving that you are
capable of your planned recreation, with references. Solo stuff will be verboten
out of hand, the concept of solitude quaint, obsolete, anti social, and entirely
irresponsible.

 Not to mention a complete ban on campfires, designated site only camping,
and a check by rangers to insure that you are packing out your toilet paper
            David C