[pct-l] RE: Mt Whitney Questions

Assuming you'll be  hiking from the west, we camped at the tarn above Guitar
Lake and it was just awesome.  Just being within the huge granite walls with
the view back to the lake was sublime.  You'll easily be able to tell why the
lake got it's name.  Imo, it was the best campsite on the entire trail.

It also made for a quick ascent to the top.  Leaving all out gear in one tent
and taking what we needed in one pack to the top made for easy travel.
Thankfully, the marmots were kind enough to leave our gear alone.  Some friends,
that did the same the following day with only a trap to store gear, didn't have
any problems either.

Try not to hit it on a weekend, unless you like crowded peaks and cellphone
chatter.

Sly