Dry Sections (Was Re: [pct-l] Class of 2004 Gear)

At 03:31 PM 1/20/2004 -0500, ROYROBIN@aol.com wrote:
>  Oh, and for the Class of '04, who
>may not have done all their homework?  The longest stretch of the PCT without
>water is not in southern California.  It's the Hat Creek Rim.  Look out for
>that.

Is that correct? My data book lists a 35.5 mile water alert starting at
mile 639.9 (north bound). Also according to the data book, the Hat Creek
Rim water alert is listed as 29.4 miles. I know you can find water in water
alert, but I seem to recall that 35.5 mile dry section as I ran out of
water there.

In '02, Hat Creek Rim was made mercifully easy due to Luke "Amigo" Synder
and family maintaining Cache 22 roughly 16 miles into the dry section,
after road 22. Amigo, if you are out there, thanks!

Tangent