[pct-l] Major Wanderlust happening here!

This feels like withdrawal.  This is the first year in 5 that I don'thave a
large trip planned.

Most people are satisfied with a few days out and back trip.  But even from
the beganning when I was climbing, I wanted to stay out all summer, and
climb all the peaks on one ridge, go down into a pass and catch another
ridge and continue for as long as I could.  Pretty hard to find another
climber to do this.  Fortunately, for a while I had a husband that liked
the same thing but he is now retired.

Just hiking has never much satisfied me: I want to go somewhere.  It gets
something down deep in my soul to be in a new wildness day after day,
walking and packing.

I wondered if it would be the same if I chose a 100 mile section of the PCT
and hiked it back and forth for 2,650 miles.  Or suppose I took an 80 mile
segment and had a big cache on each end, and leisurely went back and forth
and did every side trail and spent months in the same area, walking and
absorbing one area.  Would it be the same?  Which 80-100 mile segment would
you choose?

Goforth