[pct-l] South-bound questions

In a message dated 1/21/2004 7:55:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
benarmstrong1@yahoo.com writes:

> The trail guides are not worthless for a southbounder.  If anything, you
> will learn to read backwards, which in most cases will cause you to pay more
> attention to where you are and what you are doing.  You may learn to see things
> from a different perspective.

I can attest to that.  On the CDT  the majority of Society guides, except for
one, 11 in total, are written for the southbound hiker.   I hiked northbound
and they were still indespensible.  Yes, it took some getting used to and I
lost some information, but it was much better then going without.  Since the CDT
is a much harder trail to follow then the PCT, I don't see where it will be
much of a problem.

Sly