[pct-l] Hammock?

Duane writes:
How low of a ratings do I need and still use my Hammock?
I just started using a Hennessey Hammock and found that when the temps get
down into the 40's at night I need a thermal break between the hammock and my
sleeping bag.  I tried 1/8 inch thick, white, closed cell foam packing material
and found one night in Tahoe with lots of wind and temps in the 30's I slept
warm and toasty even in my old polarguard bag that has trouble keeping me warm
on the ground with a good pad in the 40's.  Thus, I would wager that a 20
degree bag and a thin pad would keep you plenty warm in most conditions in a
hammock.  I think that the padding is more important here than the bag rating.

IMHO,

Greg

"Of one thing I am certain, the transformation I yearn for is incomplete. I
do not know whether I am any closer to enlightenment - I do not really expect
to acheive it - but I know that the attempt is worth the effort."
                       Oliver Statler, in Japanese Pilgrimage