[pct-l] Hammock?

Anyone use a Hammock in the Sierras?  Been using a Hammock in southern California but my concern has been the cold and the lack of trees.  I will be investing in a down bag this spring.  How low of a ratings do I need and still use my Hammock.  My guess is that a HM might be adequate if it is ratings are 15-20 degrees less than on the ground ...ie if you want a bag to go to freezing than a 15 degree bag would be ample.  Any thoughts or experiences?

Duane