[pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

> Having been in grad. school recently, I'd like to emphasize this point.
> It is possible to break away from grad. school for part of the summer,
> but it is very difficult to leave everything behind for an entire summer.

Perhaps because I entered a doctoral program at 42 years of age, I found
that I could structure what I did when based on what I wanted to do, and not
what the program expected.  I took two full summers off and chose to work
part time during the third summer.  I borrowed money to finance four months
off these two years.  It was the best investment I've ever made.  Graduate
school is the ideal place to craft a very good stretch of years, to learn to
integrate loving, working and playing.

This depends on program of course.  Many doc programs want to form you, mold
you, squash you, and spit you out.

Jeff Olson
Laramie Wyoming