[pct-l] Can you do it in 4?

In a message dated 1/14/2004 7:49:14 AM Eastern Standard Time,
chwillet@indiana.edu writes:

> Yes, certainly.  And you can enjoy yourself quite a bit while doing so.

I agree with Chris.

I'm not that fast a hiker, but it seems to me once you're in shape, the long
days aren't a problem and can easily be managed while still being able to
smell the roses so to speak.  Since the PCT has no shelter system, like the AT,
you find yourself hiking to dusk and can easily put in 21+ mpd if you start
early enough which is also a good time for viewing wildlife.

That said, personally I wouldn't push myself to do the trail in four months,
but take two years if my time was limited.  I like to take days off and visit
the towns too much!

Punch some figures into Craig's pctplanner, you'll see what it takes.

www.pctplanner.com

have a great hike,

Sly