[pct-l] PCT for Pets

In a message dated 1/14/04 8:38:41 AM, jbmaterick@stanfordalumni.org writes:

<< I can only say that I love my dog very much, that I have already spent
several months seriously considering all of the concerns that were raised, and
that I believe there are creative solutions to these issues which will allow
Banner and I to travel the PCT safely and with relative comfort.   >>

   From what I understand, dogs have completed long distance hikes. You will
know soon enough after starting whether Banner will be one of them. One hint
though - make sure he has booties for crossing the Belknap Crater area. That
volcanic stuff is like walking on broken glass
  And if you hike with him in the National Parks you may get a fine. I assume
you already know this and have figured a way around it.
 David C