[pct-l] Being a good list contributor / message to new list members

I like the monthly FAQ idea.  Perhaps it could have links to the
popular threads in the archive, so that people can easily access them.

In fact, if the FAQ on the pcta.org site doesn't already have links
to archived threads of some of the rather heated debates like bear
cans, or daily mileage, or whatever, perhaps that would be a good
thing there as well.

I agree that a reply to a newbie that simply sates "check the
archives can come off a bit frustrating at best, and a bit elitist
and unfriendly at worst.  This list has been a great souce of help
and enjoyment to me and the last thing I would want to do is scare
someone away with a kurt response of "check the archives".  But on
the other hand, theres gotta be a better solution than cleaning out
my inbox of the hundreds of flaming bear emails every few months.

If people think that referencing the archives from the FAQ is a
valuable thing, I would be happy to try and work on a way to organize
the popular threads into something manageable.  Let me know what
ya'll think.

peace,
dude